Blogs of Adventures Past

Saturday, February 28, 2015

From Low key to Loki

I bid you good day!
     It was my last full day at the sea today.  I just returned from watching the vibrant orange sun stoop to kiss the sea, losing itself so passionately to that initial interaction that it sank into it entirely.  I watched, entranced, as i have done hundreds, perhaps thousands of times. There is this tale of the illusory "green flash" Where if all conditions are just right, right as the sun sets, there is a bright green flash of light.  I want to see this before i die....so i watch a lot of sunsets. That and sunsets are amazing and reconnect me to some deeper part of myself.  
      A few days ago i checked out of my marvelous mellow hostel, and moved over the the rowdy Loki Hostel, about a block down. Sarah has been working there and i wanted to see what all the fuss was about.  This place sure looks fancy, and is the most massive hostel i have ever been in.  I think its really a beach resort masquerading as a hostel.  The typical trappings of the young traveling crowd: bad tattoos, binge drinking(nay i say downright glorified alcoholism?), and everyone is 23 years old. which is fine i suppose, just not the kind of place i can hang around for too long.  The food there was really good however. I didn{t hang around too long.
      So morning ritual of a walk on the beach.  Its been interseting observing the contents that wash onto shore. One day it was large fish, jelly fish, and shells.  Today It was sea urchins, sea slugs, and a huge branch of ginger root. I was out a 7am this morning, and it was so very quiet. Besides the gentle sound of the sea.  I haven{t been surfing, but i have been swimming everyday, and i caught another nice sunburn yesterday. Theres not much to say. I have enjoyed my week of mellow paced relaxation. Today i checked back in to my mellow hostel and will get a nice sleep tonight. Tomorrow, ritual walk on the beach and last swim in the sea.  I always have a hard time saying goodbye to the ocean, like its a family member i am leaving behind and i am uncertain if we will see each other again.  
      Tomorrow its a 19 hour bus ride to Lima, i will arrive at 11 am and meet Michael shortly after.  Its going to be a whirlwind folks, so i will try to keep up to date if there is internet.
        

No comments:

Post a Comment