Blogs of Adventures Past

Thursday, February 12, 2015

To Carnavale, and beyond!

Hi There!
I thought i{d take advantage of having a nice free computer to use for the last time. It{s the end of my three weeks here, already!  I have really loved my experience with Espaanglisch. All the volunteers that i{ve met will hold such a special place in my memories!  And All of the students as well, especially my Gringlisch students! You will be so missed!   Last night was our last time out together and it was so hard to say goodbye!  I really wish i could stay for longer, but carnavale awaits in the northern town of Cajamarca so sweet Irish Sarah and i will venture off for funtimes there!
   How have my last few days been here? Well, I wish i could say they were all sunshine and lollipops, but unfortunately Tuesday I became really ill, fever, vomiting the whole nine yards (of toilet paper).  Well, mostly likely dysentery, which is common here and i figured I would get it at least once. Dang though¡ so soon?  I tend to pride myself on my iron stomach!   So the last few days have been....slightly unpleasant. Tuesday being the worst.  I still managed to get out of the house for some fun trips to the market.  Sarah and I went looking for cheap clothes to wear to Carnavale, because apparently we will be doused with paint, flour, water...you name it, upon our arrival...can{t wait!    I encountered a strange shoe store that makes the weirdest awesome clown shoes/stipper boots, or a combo there of that was confusing. Perhaps if i wanted to be a clown for the band KISS, this is wear i would shop.  It{s been a good few days despite the sickness, I managed to finish a nice mandala painting for the Espaanglisch house.  I{m going to miss so much. Bumpy combi rides with all my buddies, late nights with students and friends dancing on the beach, the beach, sigh, having someone to do something with always, David{s absolute goofyness, Carmens insistence that i speak spanish, Emmas Americana, Sweet Janna, Evas conversations, my roomie Adrienne! Eppy and her hybrid-french-english accent, everything...i could go on about everyone and everything i will miss! It{s been an absolute blast volunteering!  Alright, wanted to keep you updated before i slip into the melee of Carnavale!  Wish my sensitive tummy luck on the 7 hour bus north today! Nos Vemos!

1 comment:

  1. Hi how r u.?? better?.Just i can SAY,thank u for everything we miss u so much.Enjoy u rest u travel i hope see u Again for dance salsa and swim hahaha.Ok take care chau my friend

    ReplyDelete